You can request your repeat prescription from the surgery in a number of ways:
- online via the link at the top of this page (if you order online and need to get back to the UMP website, please click the tab labelled University Medical Practice at the top of the page)
- via the NHS Health App (please note, if you need to get back to the UMP website, please click the tab labelled University Medical Practice at the top of the page)
- calling POD, using the direct telephone number 0121 468 0459 (for more information follow this link). Or by calling 0121 687 3055 and selecting option 1.
- at the surgery, using your prescription order form (the list of medication attached to the right hand side of your prescription)
- by post, using the right hand side of your prescription
If you provide us with a SAE we will return the prescription ASAP: this is particularly useful if you are away from Birmingham.
Medication should only be ordered when it is needed. Check how much medication you have left and only order a new prescription when you have between 5-7 days’ of medication remaining. You will need to allow 2-3 working days for the prescription to be issued. You can let the practice know if there is a reason why you need to order your medication earlier than usual, for example, you will be away when your prescription runs out.
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. Any problems please telephone the surgery.