Flu Vaccination - – Book your flu jab now!
These instructions are for Patients aged between 50 & 64 and who have been invited by the Practice to attend the surgery for an Influenza vaccination.
As you will be aware, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has announced its intention to run the largest flu programme ever in the 2020/2021 flu season. Part of this includes a drive to increase uptake in existing cohorts eligible for a free vaccine under the NHS programme, and also expansion to new groups. These new groups include all patients aged between 50 and 64.
How to book your flu vaccination appointment?
This invitation will either be in the form of a text or letter sent to your home address.
This year we are offering booked appointments only.
Please make an appointment now, in person, through the Practice number on 01216873055.
Please use the call for just booking your flu vaccination appointment.
Where are the clinics?
The next flu clinics are being held at the surgery. Once you have responded to the text you will be placed on a waiting list and invited to attend at a suitable date and time.
What to expect on the day?
COVID-19 has also meant you are requested to follow these guidelines:
Before you come to the practice:
- Wear loose fitting clothing, appropriate to allow the nurse access to your upper arm
- Bring a face covering with you
When you arrive at the practice:
- Arrive for your appointment no more than 10 minutes early and wait outside of the practice.
- Arrive at the front entrance to University Medical Practice. Follow the markings to maintain social distancing whilst you wait to be called.
- Before entering University Medical Practice you will need to be wearing a face covering.
- A marshal will take your details and direct you to a queue. Once the clinician is ready, a marshal will direct you to the socially distanced waiting room to have your vaccination. Your movement will be clearly indicated by red tape laid out on the floor.
If you have an egg allergy, please tell the Nurse before your vaccination, as this is one of the few contraindications to having the vaccination.
- Please note that we will not be able to deal with anything other than the vaccination during this appointment.
- Once you have received your vaccination the clinician will direct you to the exit using our one way system following the orange markings
- It is important that patients exit the building promptly to ensure a smooth flow with social distancing being maintained.
The University Medical Practice